Atousa Plaseied is a research faculty at the Department of Mechanical Engineering. She is currently involved in several research projects in the areas of microbial fuel cells and dental materials. She is also associate director of the Sports Engineering program in the mechanical engineering department.
- Nanoscale characterization of materials
- Mechanical behavior of materials and structures
- Biomaterials (orthopedics and dental applications)
- Sports engineering
- Fuel cells
- Corrosion and protection of materials
Honors and Awards
- 1st Winner of the Physical Sciences and Engineering Division of the Sigma Xi Student Research Symposium, Toledo, OH, 2006.
- Midwest Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE) Outstanding Graduate Student Award, Dayton, OH, 2006.
- International Student of the Month of November, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, 2002.
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)/CHINA Fellowship, Northeastern University, Shenyang, China, 1999 (the only female candidate from Iran).
- Outstanding Student, Ranked 1st in the Class of Materials Science and Engineering Department, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 1998.
- Outstanding Student, Ranked 1st in the Class of Materials Science and Engineering Department, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 1995.