Welcome to my research page. Here, you will find information on my
research work. If you like additional information or preprint feel free to send me an
Office Phone: 303-556-8311
Dynamics and Control
Research in this field is directed at the control of systems governed by
partial/ordinary differential equations. My efforts in this field is in the
area of control of flexible structures. Specifically, the goal is to obtain
feedback laws for control of flexible beams, plates and
multi-component systems. Recent results inculde the application
of piezoceramic actuators to the problem of panel flutter. Current efforts
is directed at the extension of these control laws to the control of panel
flutter in transonic regimes.
Computational Solid Mechanics
Research is directed at the applications of non-destructive techniques for
the problem of parameter identification in elastic solids.
Two specific problems are of particular interest. One is the inverse wave
scattering in layered medium for monitoring airport pavement integrity;
and the other is for the identification of material properties for components
used in electronic devices. In both cases, measurements can be collected at
the surface based on which subsurface material information is to be recovered.
For both problems accurate numerical modelling of the elastic wave scattering
for relatively long times is essential.
Research is directed at inverse problems involving heat transfer. In particular
the goal is to further apply a recently developed method which is based on
Quazi-Reversibility to inverse problems for the radiation heat transfer.
Radiation heat transfer is modelled by a system of linear integro-differential
equations and, in principle, it is possible to extend this method to such
problems. Efforts in this direction also include the development of accurate
numerical schemes for such coupling between interacting bodies.
- M. Tadi, Evaluation of the diffusion coefficient based on boundary measurements,
ASME Journal of Heat Transfer 122, pp. 367-371, (2000)
- M. Tadi, Wei Cai, Inverse Matrix Evaluation for Linear Systems,
Inverse Problems 17, pp. 1-14, (2001).
- M. Tadi Evaluation of Elastic Properties in 2-D non-homogeneous Solids,
Computational Mechanics 27, pp. 208, (2001).
- M. Tadi, M. Klibanov, Wei Cai, An Inversion Method for Parabolic Equations
Based on Quasi-Reversibility, Computers, Mathematics with Applications
43, pp. 927-941, (2002).
- M. Tadi, Compensator Design for Supersonic Panel Flutter,
Computers and Structures 80, PP. 989-999, (2002)
- M. Tadi, State-Dependent Riccati Equation for Control of Aeroelastic Flutter,
Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 26 pp. 914-917, (2003)
- M. Tadi, Inverse Evaluation of Emissivity Function,
Heat and Mass Transfer, 40, No. 1-2, pp. 15-23, (2003)
- M. Tadi, Finite Difference Methods for Elastic Wave Scattering in Layered Media,
Journal of Computational Acoustics, 12, No. 2, pp. 257-276, (2004)
- M. Tadi, Finite Volume Method for Elastic Wave Scattering,
Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 94, No.4 pp. 1500-09 (2004)
- M. Tadi, On Computing Periodic Orbits, Sounds and Vibrations, Vol. 283, pp. 495-506, (2005)
- M. Tadi, Nonlinear Feedback Control of Slewing Beams
Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 195 (1-3) pp. 133-147 (2006)
- A. Jayaram and M. Tadi, Synchronization of Chaotic Systems Based on SDRE Method
Chaos, Solitons, and Fractals , Vol. 28(3), PP. 707-715 (2006)
- M. Tadi, On Stability of Second-order Linear Time Varying Systems
ASME Jounral of Vibrations and Acoustics , Vol. 128, pp. 408-410 (2006)